iVenture Card Australia understands that privacy is important to you.
iVenture Card Australia is also subject to the requirements of the National Privacy Principles (NPPs) which are contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Privacy Act) and which govern how private sector organisations handle personal information. Personal information is basically information that can identify you.
- What personal information does iVenture Card Australia collect?
- How is personal information used?
- Will personal information be given to anyone else?
- Access and Correction
- Is personal information stored safely?
- Online Privacy
- Contacting iVenture Card Australia
1. What personal information does iVenture Card Australia collect?
We collect the following type of information:
- Personal information collected from customers includes name, address, contact details, credit card details;
- Personal information collected from business contacts includes name, business position, and business telephone and fax numbers and email addresses;
- Personal information collected from our employees and contractors includes all information required for the employment or contractual relationship;
Generally, all personal information is collected directly from you, or with your consent, and our policy is to collect only personal information that we need for a particular purpose. We do not collect personal information that we do not need.
iVenture Card Australia collects personal information in order to provide our customers with our products or services, and in order to manage our relationship with our customers and with the people we do business with.
In relation to our customers, iVenture Card Australia may also request information about you in order to help you decide which of our products or services would best suit your requirements.
We will not collect sensitive information about you (such as details of your race, political beliefs, religion or health) without your consent.
2. How is personal information used?
The personal information collected from you by iVenture Card Australia is used:
- to provide our customers with our products or services and to notify our customers about existing or new iVenture Card Australia products or services or promotions from time to time; and
- to notify our customers about existing or new products or services or promotions from time to time offered by one of iVenture Card Australia’s business partners.
If at any time you no longer wish to be notified about products or services or promotions offered by iVenture Card Australia or iVenture Card Australia’s business partners, please let us know by contacting Privacy Officer (contact details are set out at 7 below).
3. Will Personal Information be given to anyone else?
Personal information collected by iVenture Card Australia may be disclosed to third parties to whom iVenture Card Australia contracts out specialised functions (including mailing houses and printing companies). If iVenture Card Australia does disclose personal information to third party contractors under outsourcing or contracting arrangements, iVenture Card Australia takes steps to ensure that those contractors:
- are authorised only to use personal information in order to provide the services or to perform the functions required by iVenture Card Australia.
(b) Disclosures required by law.
For legal reasons, other disclosures may need to be made to law enforcement agencies, government agencies, courts or external advisors or in accordance with other laws.
(c) Other Disclosures
Personal information collected by iVenture Card Australia may be disclosed to its related bodies corporate for the purpose of enabling those related bodies corporate to support the overall operations of the group.
iVenture Card Australia does not sell, rent or trade personal information to or with third parties.
4. Access and Correction
Under the Privacy Act, you have a right to seek access to information which iVenture Card Australia holds about you (although there are some exceptions to this). You also have the right to ask us to correct information about you which is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date.
If you wish to exercise your right under the Privacy Act to seek access to the personal information that iVenture Card Australia holds about you, we ask that you contact iVenture Card Australia’s Privacy Officer (details at point 7 below), who will explain how iVenture Card Australia will handle your access request.
We will assume (unless you tell us otherwise) that your request for access relates to our current records about you. These current records include personal information about you which is included in our databases and in paper files, and which may be used by iVenture Card Australia on a day-to-day basis.
To provide you with access to this personal information, iVenture Card Australia would ordinarily provide you with a print-out of the relevant personal information from our databases, or with photocopies of records which are held only on paper files. If personal information about you (for example, your name & address details) is duplicated across different databases, we will generally provide you with one printout of this information only. Ordinarily, iVenture Card Australia will not charge you for the cost of providing this type of access to these records.
For legal and administrative reasons, iVenture Card Australia may also store records containing personal information in its archives. You may seek access to the records held by iVenture Card Australia which are not current records, but if you do so, we may charge you for the cost of providing access
If you are of the view that personal information about you is not accurate, complete or up to date, please provide iVenture Card Australia’s Privacy Officer with your request for correction (contact details are set out at 7 below). iVenture Card Australia’s policy is to consider any requests for correction in a timely way.
5. Is personal information stored safely?
iVenture Card Australia takes reasonable steps to ensure the security of personal information held by it from such risks as loss or unauthorised access, destruction, use, modification or disclosure. Our IT systems are password protected and comply with our security standards, and if personal information is held on paper files, it is stored in locked compactuses. iVenture Card Australia only permits your details to be accessed by authorised personnel.
6. Online Privacy
This privacy statement outlines iVenture Card Australia’s approach to all personal information we handle, whether collected online or offline. However, particular issues that arise in the online environment are noted below.
Sometimes our website contains links to other websites, for your convenience and information. When you access a website other than please understand that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of that site. You may wish to review the privacy policies of each site you visit.
7. Contacting iVenture Card Australia
- by telephone 02 9211 3192 or 1300 366 476 (International +61 2 9211 3192); oror
- by e-mail email@example.com; or
- by letter PO Box 592, Pyrmont, NSW 2009, Australia